The weigh-ins are in the books for Saturday’s Bellator Europe 9 event in Italy, and all 24 fighters hit their contracted weights as they took to the scale on Friday morning in Milan.
The bantamweight headline bout between James Gallagher (136 pounds) and Cal Ellenor (135.2) is now official, and hopes are high that the matchup will finally go ahead at the fourth time of asking after three previous attempts to hold the fight fell through as a result of medical paperwork issues, injury and, most recently, the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The middleweight co-main event between Andy Manzolo (184.4) and Charlie Ward (186) is also official, as is the 160-pound contract weight bout between Ireland’s Kiefer Crosbie (159) and England’s Charlie Leary (159.2), which kicks off the event’s three-fight main card lineup.
Bellator Europe 9 takes place Saturday at Allianz Cloud in Milan, Italy. The card streams on MMA Junkie and Bellator’s YouTube channel.
The full Bellator Europe 9 weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (MMA Junkie, 5 p.m. ET)
- James Gallagher (136) vs. Cal Ellenor (135.2)
- Andy Manzolo (184.4) vs. Charlie Ward (186)
- Kiefer Crosbie (159) vs. Charlie Leary (159.2)
PRELIMINARY CARD (MMA Junkie, 12:45 p.m. ET)
- Sinead Kavanagh (145.8) vs. Katharina Lehner (145.4)
- Acoidan Duque (171) vs. Carlo Pedersoli Jr. (170.2)
- Chris Bungard (155.4) vs. Aymard Guih (155.8)
- Robin van Roosmalen (154.4) vs. Nauzet Trujillo (154)
- Joffie Houlton (257.2) vs. Gokhan Saricam (243)
- Andrew Fisher (145.8) vs. Ashleigh Grimshaw (145.6)
- Alessandro Botti (155.4) vs. Kane Mousah (154.6)
- Asael Adjoudj (145.2) vs. Nathan Jessimer (146)
- Curtis Dodge (163.4) vs. Marek Jakimowicz (171)
Note: The light heavyweight bout between Karl Albrektsson and David Trallero was called off prior to the weigh-ins after Albrektsson was not licensed to compete, while the middleweight bout between Darwin Rodriguez and Alessio Sakara was also removed from the card due to an undisclosed injury to Sakara.