Chase Hooper will look to rebound from his first pro loss when he returns on Dec. 12.
Hooper (9-1-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) faces Peter Barrett (11-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at UFC 256, which takes place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
MMA Junkie confirmed the booking with a person close to the situation following an initial report from MMA Fighting. The person requested anonymity because the UFC has yet to make an announcement.
After earning a developmental deal on “Dana White’s Contender Series,” Hooper picked up three straight stoppage wins, including a first-round TKO of Daniel Teymur in his UFC debut last December. The 21-year-old prospect was then bounced out of the ranks of the unbeaten when he suffered a unanimous decision loss to Alex Caceres at UFC 250 in June.
Barrett, who’s also a Contender Series alum, earned a UFC contract in August 2019 when he defeated Sang Hoon Yoo by unanimous decision. He saw his two-fight winning streak snapped at the hands of Youssef Zalal in his promotional debut at UFC on ESPN+ 32.
With the addition, the UFC 256 lineup includes:
- Amanda Nunes vs. Megan Anderson – for UFC women’s featherweight title
- .Petr Yan vs. Aljamain Sterling – for UFC bantamweight title
- Mackenzie Dern vs. Virna Jandiroba
- Ronaldo Souza vs. Marvin Vettori
- Dwight Grant vs. Li Jingliang
- Angela Hill vs. Tecia Torres
- Peter Barrett vs. Chase Hooper