MMA Junkie verified with multiple people close to the situation that Mullarkey (9-0 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Ziam (6-3 MMA, 5-3 UFC) are set to fight on the UFC’s Oct. 17 event. The people requested anonymity because UFC officials have yet to make an announcement
DailyTelegraph.com.au first reported the booking.
Mullarkey dropped a thrilling bout to Brad Riddell in his promotional debut at UFC 243 last October, earning the evening’s “Fight of the Night” bonus. Prior to that, Mullarkey finished his past four opponents.
Ziam saw his five-fight winning streak snapped in his promotional debut last September, when he was outgrappled by Don Madge at UFC 242. The 23-year-old French-Algerian striker trains out of Bulgarian Top Team and will look to return to winning ways when he faces Mullarkey.
With the addition, the latest Oct. 17 lineup includes:
- Brian Ortega vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Jessica Andrade vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Ciryl Gane
- Poliana Botelho vs. Gillian Robertson
- Modestas Bukauskas vs. Jimmy Crute
- Mateusz Gamrot vs. Magomed Mustafaev
- Muslim Salikhov vs. Claudio Silva
- Yong Jin Park vs. John Phillips
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Maxim Grishin
- Said Nurmagomedov vs. Mark Striegl
- Mounir Lazzez vs. David Zawada
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Fares Ziam