Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer


Judge grants curfew for ex-UFC fighter Jon Tuck in alleged sexual assault case

(Editor’s note: This story originally published at the Pacific Daily News, part of the USA TODAY Network.)

A former UFC fighter facing criminal sexual conduct charges must now follow a curfew, a judge ordered this week.

Jon Tuck requested to modify his pre-trial release conditions in October. Prosecutors didn’t respond in writing to Tuck’s motion and didn’t attend the virtual hearing for the motion despite the court’s repeated attempts to contact the assigned lawyer, according to the judge’s decision filed on Friday.

Judge Maria Cenzon on Nov. 4 also ordered the prosecution to submit information about compliance with Basic Bill of Rights for Victims notification. As of Friday, the prosecution failed to comply with the court’s order, Cenzon stated.

Tuck, represented by attorney F. Randall Cunliffe, filed a motion to modify his conditions of pre-trial release and submitted information from a doctor. Tuck’s wife would be undergoing a medical procedure and will have limited mobility and Tuck will assist her during her recovery, the order stated.

“The people have continued to fail to file any response to (Tuck’s) motion despite both (Tuck’s) notice and the court’s order compelling a response and information,” Cenzon stated in her decision granting Tuck’s motion.

Tuck has not violated the terms of his pre-trial release, Cenzon noted.

Cenzon modified Tuck’s release conditions, putting him on a curfew from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuck is not to leave his residence during that time except for emergency medical treatment for himself or members of his immediate family or household, the order states.

All his other conditions of release remain in effect.

Cenzon also ordered the prosecution to inform the woman who accused Tuck of sexual assault about the change in Tuck’s release conditions.

In March, Tuck was charged with third- and fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct.

According to a magistrate’s complaint, a 21-year-old woman reported at about 3 a.m. March 4, she met her friend at a restaurant in Tumon and after she finished eating, Tuck encountered her in the hallway and grasped her wrist, bringing her to the rear of the parking lot. The woman said she thought they were going to smoke, the magistrate’s complaint stated.

It was at the far corner of the Pearl by the Sea chapel that Tuck sexually assaulted the woman, according to the charging documents.

Show CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment