One of Robert Whittaker’s main training camp proteges is set to begin on a UFC journey of his own.
Undefeated Australian middleweight Jacob Malkoun will make his promotional debut against fellow newcomer Phil Hawes at UFC 254. The event is scheduled to take place Oct. 24 at Flash Forum on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
A person with knowledge of the situation recently confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie after an initial report from AgFight. The person asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Malkoun (4-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has two victories by knockout and two by decision across his four-fight tenure to date. His opponent Hawes (8-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) is coming off a contract-earning Dana White’s Contender Series win Sept. 8. That night, Hawes finished Khadzhimurad Bestaev with strikes in Round 1.
With the addition, the UFC 254 lineup includes:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Justin Gaethje – for UFC lightweight title
- Jared Cannonier vs. Robert Whittaker
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Islam Makhachev
- Walt Harris vs. Alexander Volkov
- Magomed Ankalaev vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Lauren Murphy
- Umar Nurmagomedov vs. Sergey Morozov
- Sam Alvey vs. Da Un Jung
- Liana Jojua vs. Miranda Maverick
- Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
- Phil Hawes vs. Jacob Malkoun