We have discussed how children tend to be more creative than adults for various reasons. Thinking like a child is a good way to rewind your mental clock and potentially invent some creative solutions to your current problem or project. A good way to start thinking like a child is to abandon your judgment and knowledge of what is practical and start asking playful questions.
1. What if your project were an animal? What would it look like? Draw it.
2. If your project had parents, what would they be like?
3. What does your project like to eat?
4. If you were a hundred years in the future, how would you solve your problem?
5. What if you were a caveman? Would the problem still exist? If it didn’t, what would be a related problem?
These are just examples of playful questions. Think up your own that make sense to your project.