Braingle’s Daily Trivia Quiz for Oct 07, 2020
A Geography > United States Quiz : How well do you know the geography of the United States?
1. Hawaii’s nickname is the Aloha State. What does “aloha” mean?
2. Find the capital of New York: Albany, Syracuse, Buffalo, New York City.
3. What American city is called the “City of Brotherly Love”?
4. Mauna Loa is an active volcano that rises almost 30,000 feet from the sea floor in Hawaii.
5. Which midwestern state capital is not named for a U.S. President: Madison, Lansing, or Jefferson City?
6. Did the names of Minnesota and Minneapolis come from a Sioux word for “water”, “snow”, or “sun”?
7. What American river is nicknamed “Big Muddy”?
8. Which of the following is the closest estimate from California to Hawaii?
9. What is the name of the largest freshwater lake in North America?
10. Which of the following are New England states?