Braingle’s Daily Trivia Quiz for Oct 29, 2020
A Science > Math Quiz : Pi may not seem much at first. It’s just the ratio of the circumference to the diameter, after all. Did you know that pi is much more interesting than that? Take this quiz to find out!
1. Just as p is the 16th letter of the English alphabet, pi is the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet.
2. The symbol for pi originally had a value of 70.
3. The first 144 digits of pi add up to ___.
4. The 359th, 360th and 361th digits of pi are ____.
5. Albert Einstein was born on a Pi Day.
6. The government of ____ attempted to define pi legally.
7. Chinese mathematician Zu Chongzhi (429-500) calculated pi up to the ____th decimal place.
8. Nowhere in the first 10,000,000 digits of pi does the string ‘1234567’ appear.
9. Some mathematicians have proposed replacing pi with ___, which is exactly twice the value of pi.
10. Suppose you wanted to measure the size of the known universe with an error no larger than the size of a hydrogen atom. How many decimal places of pi would you need?