Braingle’s Daily Trivia Quiz for Oct 31, 2020
A Literature Quiz : Can you answer these questions about canines in literature?
1. The story of this famous collie started as a short story in “The Saturday Evening Post”. What is this collie’s name?
2. What is the name of the title character in Stephen King’s book about a rabid dog terrorizing a small family in Maine?
3. This dog is known as ‘The Hound of Valinor’ in J.R.R. Tolkein’s book “The Silmarillion”.
4. This three-headed dog appears in J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone”. Its job is to protect the trapdoor leading to the stone.
5. This main character in Jack London’s book “The Call of the Wild” is a pampered pet that is sold as a sled dog and must adapt to a new lifestyle.
6. He was Dorothy’s dog in L. Frank Baum’s book “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz”.
7. This dog was the runt of the litter until he was adopted by Emily Elizabeth in a series of books written by Norman Bridwell about a big red dog.
8. Which animagus from the “Harry Potter” series could transform into a dog?
9. This brave Siberian Husky led the last leg of the Serum run to Nome, Alaska in 1925.
10. This beagle, created by Charles M. Schulz, made his first appearance on October 4, 1950.