Originally scheduled to square off at UFC Fight Night 182 this past Saturday, Quinonez (8-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) and Smolka (16-7 MMA, 7-7 UFC) are expected to be rebooked for the promotion’s Dec. 5 event at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, pending bout finalization.
Two people with knowledge of the matchup confirmed the targeted booking to MMA Junkie on Monday but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement. Milenio was first to report the news.
The previously scheduled meeting between Quinonez and Smolka this past Saturday was canceled minutes prior to the start of the event. Smolka, who weighed in at 139 pounds ahead of the matchup, was deemed “medically unfit” to compete according to UFC officials, who clarified the removal was not related to any COVID-19 testing results.
With the addition, the Dec. 5 lineup includes:
- Jack Hermansson vs. Kevin Holland
- Bethe Correia vs. Yanan Wu
- Jake Collier vs. Gian Villante
- Maryna Moroz vs. Taila Santos
- Cody Durden vs. Jimmy Flick
- John Allan vs. Roman Dolidze
- Damon Jackson vs. Ilia Topuria
- Jamahal Hill vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Raoni Barcelos vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Movsar Evloev vs. Nate Landwehr
- Jose Quinonez vs. Louis Smolka