Sean Strickland was out of action for two years, but he sure is making up for lost time.
The 29-year old out of Southern California returned from a two-year absence on Oct. 31 and earned a unanimous decision over Jack Marshman.
Saturday, he looked even better. Fighting Brendan Allen in a 195-pound catchweight bout, Strickland (22-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) dominated en route to a second-round TKO finish. The time of the stoppage at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas was 1:32.
Strickland earned his second victory in 14 days, which ties him with Chris Leben for third-fastest turnaround between wins in modern, non-tournament UFC history, behind Khamzat Chimaev (10) and Chas Skelly (13).
A huge right to the jaw dropped Allen (15-4 MMA, 3-1 UFC), and Strickland, who displayed pinpoint striking throughout the bout, finished him with heavy right hands. You can see his handiwork below:
2️⃣ weeks! 2️⃣ wins!
Strickland 2.0 has emerged at the UFC APEX![ Action continues on #ESPNPlus ] pic.twitter.com/g1grRfWEQL
— UFC (@ufc) November 15, 2020
Up-to-the-minute UFC Fight Night 182 results:
- Sean Strickland def. Brendan Allen via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:32
- Cory McKenna def. Kay Hansen via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kanako Murata def. Randa Markos via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Tony Gravely def. Geraldo de Freitas via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Alex Morono def. Rhys McKee via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Don’Tale Mayes def. Roque Martinez via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)