A lightweight fight is the latest addition to the UFC’s final event of the month.
The UFC has booked a bout between Alexander Hernandez and Chris Gruetzemacher for its Oct. 31 card at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
A person with knowledge of the situation confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie on Monday after an initial report by BJPenn.com. The person asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Hernandez (11-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) burst onto the scene at UFC 222 in March 2018, when he flattened and finished Beneil Dariush with strikes in 42 seconds. Since his promotional debut, Hernandez has alternated wins and losses, most recently suffering a TKO defeat to Drew Dober in May.
Gruetzemacher (14-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) has not competed since UFC 223 in April 2018. Snapping a two-fight skid, Gruetzemacher defeated Joe Lauzon via TKO. Lauzon was unable to answer the bell for the start of Round 3, thus the fight was waved off.
With the addition, UFC’s Oct. 31 lineup now includes:
- Anderson Silva vs. Uriah Hall
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Justin Ledet
- Maurice Greene vs. Greg Hardy
- Cortney Casey vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Aaron Phillips vs. Adrian Yanez
- Sean Strickland vs. Wellington Turman
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Andre Fili vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Bobby Green vs. Thiago Moises
- Miles Johns vs. Kevin Natividad
- Jason Witt vs. Cole Williams
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Alexander Hernandez