The UFC’s October lineup continues to fill.
Jason Witt and Cole Williams will square off Oct. 31 in a welterweight bout expected to take place at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Multiple sources with knowledge of the situation recently informed MMA Junkie of the booking but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an announcement.
Both fighters will look for their first promotional wins after unsuccessful UFC debuts.
A short-notice replacement, Witt (17-6 MMA, 0-1 UFC) suffered a 48-second knockout loss to Takashi Sato in June. Prior to that defeat, Witt, a Glory MMA & Fitness fighter, had won four straight bouts.
As for Williams (11-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC), the Chosen Few Gym team member lost his lone UFC fight to date. In August 2019, he was submitted by Claudio Silva in Round 1. The defeat snapped a nine-fight winning streak that dated back to 2009.
With the addition, UFC’s Oct. 31 lineup now includes:
- Anderson Silva vs. Uriah Hall
- Dustin Jacoby vs. Justin Ledet
- Maurice Greene vs. Greg Hardy
- Amir Albazi vs. Raulian Paiva
- Cortney Casey vs. Priscila Cachoeira
- Aaron Phillips vs. Adrian Yanez
- Sean Strickland vs. Wellington Turman
- Krzysztof Jotko vs. Makhmud Muradov
- Andre Fili vs. Bryce Mitchell
- Bobby Green vs. Thiago Moises
- Miles Johns vs. Kevin Natividad
- Jason Witt vs. Cole Williams